Floating in Bungalows in Khao Sok National Park

As most of you know, I had an amazing experience on a tour to Thailand in February. One of the stops was Khao Sok National Park. A place I had never heard of before. So, naturally, I looked to Google for some answers and the pictures I saw were something out of a dream. And it proved to be just that.

We took a short drive from the train station to a very small port. There we got onto a long tailed boat and we traveled along a natural beauty. The lake is surrounded by beautiful lime stone mountains that are covered in a thick and dense jungle. The one fact that absolutely puzzled me, was that this lake was man-made. I still don't believe it, because it is massive and just so natural.






We then stopped in a little lagoon and had a swim. It was so beautiful. The water was calm and just pure perfection. After a short journey, a row of floating bungalows came into view. It was amazing and this was our accommodation for the night. The resort was basically a line of cute little bungalows floating on the lake, with a restaurant in the middle and toilets on each end. I was so excited to experience this, as it is a once in a lifetime type thing.
We enjoyed a traditional Thai style meal and then started our afternoon of chill. The resort provided tyre tubes and we spent the afternoon floating on the lake, with not a worry in the world.








In the late afternoon, we hopped back onto the long-tailed boat to go find some monkeys. The tour leader had expressed that it was very difficult to find these naughty creatures and that he hadn't seen them for a long time. However, to our luck we were able to see these wonderful creatures in their natural habitat. 
Khao Sok National Park is home to many species of animals. These include Asian elephants, tigers, wild boar, deer, monkeys and so many more. 




I was worried about sleeping in the bungalows because during the day we did sometimes feel the bungalows float from side to side. However, I was wrong. I slept like a baby. I guess the bungalows were rocking me to sleep.

It was an incredible experience to visit this National Park. I would definitely recommend it. There are day trips that you can go on, however I think an overnight trip is definitely worth it.

Lots of Love xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typo Lenses

Visiting a Hospital in Hanoi, Vietnam