Hoi An Old Town

The most beautiful place I have ever seen.....

We first arrived in Hoi An early in the morning, so we spent a great deal of the afternoon shopping around the Old Town. When I first laid eyes on the town, in day light, I thought wow this city was made for me. The streets were surrounded by old beautiful buildings with the cutest flowers and bicycles everywhere. Then the other things that caught my eye were the lanterns. About 90% of the streets have lanterns hanging above them. It was so beautiful. Then walking along the river added another dimension. The banks are laden with gorgeous boats and breath taking views.







Then it was time to head back to the hotel to freshen up and eat some grub. 

We headed back to the Old Town latter that night and boy were we surprised. The lanterns that hang across the streets all lit up. Leaving the town looking like a very well thought out movie set. As you walk through the streets, the views get more and more breath-taking. The river in the early evening is so picturesque its amazing. I took 440 photos in 3 days... that's when you know it was an amazingly beautiful place. As you cross the river you are greeted by beautiful lit up buildings and then BAM....the Night Market. As you enter the street of the night market all you see are LANTERNS,LANTERNS, LANTERNS. My favorite things in this world!
These are shops that sell exclusively lanterns and they are not just any lanterns...some are hand painted, some embroider and some are made of beautifully printed materials. This sight was something I will remember forever. The rest of the Night Market is also worth strolling though. The shops sell many souvenirs, but if you look closely you will find some gorgeous silver jewelry and other special items.






I love how this beauitiful little town has been preserved. 
Hoi An was once a port and is now a UNESCO World Heritage sight. Its so lovely to see that it is so well preserved and its beauty is still ooosing out of the walls and buildings. 

There are also some glorious shops in the Town. The leather bags and shoes are absolutely beautiful and so well- made. It is also known for its exquisite tailors. 

I am so extremely happy I got the chance to visit this town and I know I will definitely be going back. Its crazy to think that if I hadn't decided to come live in Vietnam for a year, I would have never even known that Hoi An exists. And even though it was busy, I never really felt like I couldn't handle how may people were around me. In many sights these days there are so many tourists that you don't even get to see the actual wonder. But I definitely saw all of Hoi An and all its beauty.

This is by far my current favorite place in the world.....I would describe it as the perfect Gypsy Town.

Lots of Love xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typo Lenses

Visiting a Hospital in Hanoi, Vietnam

Vietnam Vlogging